The PJRC Teensy can be used to create handwired keyboards.
The Teensy USB Development Board is a complete USB-based microcontoller development system. Only a standard Mini-B USB cable (sold separately) is needed to connect to a PC or Macintosh.
This version has solder pads for all I/O signals.
- Compatible with Arduino Software & Libraries
- USB can be any type of device
- Single pushbutton programming
- Easy to use Teensy Loader application
- Free software development tools
- Works with Mac OS X, Linux & Windows
All Teensy boards are shipped assembled and fully tested.
Read more about the teensy here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html