The pi60 HSE™ 60% PCB is an RP2040 powered hot swap board designed for custom 60% mechanical keyboards. This model is part of 1upkeyboards’ pi60 PCB lineup and is a direct replacement for the classic 1up HSE PCB and the 1up HTE PCB.
True to its Hot Swap Edition name the HSE™ uses the 2nd gen Kailh Hot Swap Sockets that have upgraded internals and now support up to 6000 switch changes, up from just 100 in the previous generation. Unlike the previous generation, you no longer need to choose between the HSE and the HTE PCBs when it comes to layout. The pi60HSE supports both ANSI and Tsangan layouts in one PCB thanks to the use of staggered hot swap sockets. This means that out of the box you’ll be able to use any combination of layouts including WKL, HHKB, Split Backspace, Split Right Shift, and Stepped Caps Lock. And because the pi60HSE is hotswap, changing between layouts is as simple as swapping out the switches and stabilizers to your new layout.
Just like its predecessor, the pi60 HSE™ keeps the signature RGB underglow that made the HSE so popular. Now sporting 2 additional underglow LEDs bringing the total to 16 RGB LEDs, making the lighting effects brighter and smoother than ever.
Under the hood the pi60HSE sports a Raspberry Pi RP2040 chip accompanied by a 16Mbit flash chip, making it more powerful and with room for additional features and customization in the future with the use of custom firmwares. The pi60HSE comes with VIA firmware preinstalled so you’ll be able to customize your layouts easily using the new web-based version of VIA at https://usevia.app/
The 1UP HSE PCB made a splash in the community since its launch as one of the first hot swap 60% boards over 3 years ago! This new version seeks to improve and expand on that legacy.
Full Features List:
- Kailh Hot Swap sockets for MX switches.
- ANSI and Tsangan/HHKB Layout support.
- Comes with VIA custom firmware preinstalled.
- RGB Underglow.
- South Facing switch orientation (Except “ESC” and “1”).
- Supports PCB mount Stabilizers.
- USB-C connector.
- i2c JST connector for Stemma and Qwiic device support (Features in development).
- Black and green “Matrix” inspired colors.
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***
- Switches must be installed with the PCB on a flat surface, so as to not damage the hot swap sockets. Pushing the switches in while holding the PCB in midair may cause the hot swap sockets to come off.
- Due to the hot swap sockets and the USB C connector some older cases may not be compatible without modification.
***FREE shipping within the CONUS***
International shipping is calculated in the cart prior to purchase.