This is a unique acrylic case designed specifically for the Pi40 PCB. This case features crystal clear acrylic layers to fully show off the color of your Pi40 PCB. The 7-layer acrylic stack features two 1.5mm layers and five 3mm layers. The middle layer offers support to the switch plate and the top layer features a protective cover that keeps dust from your components. The switch plate is designed to support both the Grid and MIT layouts.
This kit also has an additional three 3mm layers at bottom of the case to raise the typing angle to a comfortable 5.5 degrees.
Note: This case can only see used on UNASSEMBLED Pi40 Kits from 1upkeyboards.com.
Included in the kit are the following:
- 7 Acrylic Layers (2x 1.5mm, 5x 3mm).
- Lift Kit Layers (3x 3mm).
- Screws (5x M2 x 4mm, 11x M2 x 12mm).
- Round Standoffs (8x M2 x 8mm).
Important warranty information regarding the Acrylic case kit and replacement plates:
- This kit is made entirely of acrylic and while it is very durable when assembled, the individual layers are susceptible to cracking and breaking due to mishandling and overtightening so handle them with care.
- Any pieces deemed broken due to mishandling or overtightening will not be eligible for warranty replacements.
- Warranty and paid replacements may not always be available and will require a 2-4 week lead time.